Thank you for your interest in Alpin. Here are this week’s top articles with practical tips on being a SaaS admin and keeping you in the know, as well as one of our features. If you have any questions about these or other SaaS apps, or any of these services, we would love to hear from you.
SaaS Product Updates
- How to opt in to the new Gmail EAP in Additional details on the new Gmail Early Adopter Program
- G Suite’s all-new Gmail features in With new security and intelligent features, the new Gmail means business
- G Suite’s new profile cards surface profile information on hover in See people’s profile information in new cards in G Suite apps
- Smartsheets update aims to “supercharge your data visualization” in Better Visibility, Decisions With Dashboard Chart Updates
- All Cisco Systems collaboration tools now go by the name “Webex” and other updates in Cisco Introduces New Collaboration Features, But Is It Enough To Beat Microsoft, Google, And Slack?
Tips and Tricks
- Alpin created a SaaS Management Spreadsheet as an easy (and no cost) first step to begin tracking your SaaS products. Record license details, users, payments, upcoming renewals, and security risks. See wasted spend from unused and underused licenses in The SaaS Spreadsheet
- IT as a collaborator, rather than a gatekeeper in The new rules of IT-business alignment in the digital era
- Sitting is the new smoking, engage the core and other things you don’t really want to hear… in Six Tips to Help Save Yourself from Poor Computer Posture
- Dangerous ad blockers, which have been downloaded 20 million times in If you downloaded one of these 5 Chrome ad blockers, you could have been hacked
- The first step to take if you see Gmail spam in your sent folder in Gmail spam mystery: Before you change your password, read this
- AWS tips on GDPR, such as “think about protecting data subjects and work backwards from there” in Tips for Success: GDPR Lessons Learned
- GDPR tools from Segment in Streamline GDPR compliance with Segment’s end-user privacy tools