Why read this with nearly infinite news on the internet? We try to pick good articles you might like, and we think you might chuckle a little at our interpretation of the headlines.
Here’s a little update from Alpin – How to Conduct Pre-IPO SaaS Auditing — Organizing The Junk Drawer
SaaS Product Updates
- Did you hear that? It’s the nail in the coffin for the consumer-facing Google Hangouts app. But that’s how I make my Google Voice calls on iPhone, surely that’s a super-popular use case!
- Microsoft launched the 365 Freelancer Toolkit, designed for companies with a workforce of TOTALLY NOT EMPLOYEES. “See, IRS, how could they be employees if they’re just using the Freelancer Toolkit?!”
Tips and Tricks
- Tired of your lengthy status meetings during the week? Slack has the article you need to justify cutting it. But be warned – status meetings are easily startled, but they tend to come back in greater numbers.
- What’s that ONE simple trick Concur recommends for saving on travel spend in 2019? Book 6 weeks out. All well and good, but that one sales guy seems to get away with booking the day before no matter what!
- Tired of making project status reports for your boss or team members? Asana is trying really, really hard to automate it for you. Difficulty: everyone needs to be using the project tracking actively
- Someone in compliance at AWS deserves a promotion – AWS significantly ramps up its number of services validated against multiple ISO certifications. GCP seen in the corner crying
- Hey, did you hear 3 GDPR fines have been issued so far? We’ve got them all in one place, and the one just issued comes from a hospital in Portugal where medical staff accessed patient records with bogus accounts.
- Does the idea of a Cloud Security Command Center from Google sound appealing? Check out the latest from GCP as Google continues to push hard into cloud computing.
Want to get this post in your email? Subscribe here: