Why read this with nearly infinite news on the internet? We try to pick good articles you might like, and we think you might chuckle a little at our interpretation of the headlines.
Happy holidays! The latest from Alpin – SaaS Growth In 2019: What We Can Learn From 2018 Data
SaaS Product Updates
- Office 365 introduces new security features, including threat protection and information compliance tools. This basically means you can pay more for an O365 subscription in exchange for some assurance of GDPR compliance
- Have you heard of Vawlt? They’re a security-focused cloud storage provider. They don’t even touch your files, and instead send them redundantly to AWS, Azure, and GCP. Seriously worth a read
- Microsoft’s MyAnalytics summarizes how you spend your time at work, including time spent meeting, emailing, or focusing. And it helps remind you of your to-do’s. And reminds you of things it THINKS are to-do’s but aren’t.
Tips and Tricks
- What was AWS’s top viewed post of 2018? It was, “Where’s My Secret Access Key?” And you may have guessed the answer: ummm, it’s a SECRET.
- Smartsheet shares 10 tips for making a greater impact in 2019. I am sorry to dissapoint you, but unless you USE Smartsheet, it seems like you won’t.
- Should you use a proxy-based security approach? Analysis from a guy that DOESN’T work for a CASB, wow!
- Have you wondered how IT and other departments view SaaS, PaaS, and security? Check out this survey from the Ponemon Institute and Salesforce… as summarized by some guy (kidding, he is pretty qualified).
- “How security operations centers are adapting to the cloud era” from CSO Online. I don’t mean to brag, but they kinda-sorta make the case for Alpin.
- Have you heard of the Damn Vulnerable Serverless Application (DVSA)? Well, if you’re thinking of going Serverless and care about getting security right, you might check it out.
Want to get this post in your email? Subscribe here: