Why read this with nearly infinite news on the internet? We try to pick good articles you might like, and we think you might chuckle a little at our interpretation of the headlines.
Happy holidays! The latest from Alpin – How To Manage All Of Your Company’s SaaS Accounts Or Subscriptions In 5 Steps
SaaS Product Updates
- Sophos buys Avid. So big news — Sophos is still around! But seriously, Sophos is looking to stay relevant in now cloud-heavy environmv
- If you find yourself saying, “I wish I could preview multi-file diffs before I commit,” then GitHub has some cool new features for you.
- The behemoth moves ever closer to world domination: AWS introduces Document DB with compatibility with MongoDB, and it’s free to migrate and use for 6 months for anyone on-prem or using EC2.
Tips and Tricks
- The Competitive Advantage of Teamwork, from PagerDuty. Some nice, sourced reading on team dynamics but ZERO explanation of using your team to win radio call-in contests, pie eating events, or anything super practical
- Empathy tips in Slack — from Slack? My tip for more empathy: Start by being willing to read article on empathy. No wait come ba-….
- How Tech Leaders Can Start to Think Like CEOs. Are they Tech CEOs? Because step 1 would be closing this article and going with your gut
- Is your company focused on digitization right now? Check out this interview with the former digital officer at Cisco for some balanced advice for approaching digitization. Pretty decent little interview actually
- Federal cybersecurity agency, CISA, is struggling during the shutdown. That’s fine. Everything’s fine
- Brace yourselves: CSO makes the argument that security regulations don’t completely fix cybersecurity. Someone get my fainting couch!
Want to get this post in your email? Subscribe here: