Thank you for your interest in Alpin. Here are this week’s top articles with practical tips on being a SaaS admin and keeping you in the know, as well as one of our features. If you have any questions about these or other SaaS apps, or any of these services, we would love to hear from you.
SaaS Product Updates
- G Suite: New Activity Dashboard in Google’s G Suite is getting a new activity dashboard to show who read your files
- G Suite: Helping you manage mobile devices in How admins can manage mobile devices with G Suite
- Microsoft: Learn about upcoming Teams features, including cloud recording, inline message translation, and more in Microsoft Teams turns 1, advances vision for Intelligent Communications
- Dropbox: announces another partnership, this time with Salesforce in Dropbox announces deeper integration with Salesforce ahead of IPO
- “The best hacker in the world is Bob in accounts payable” and how to provide ease of access without compromising security in Managing the Risks of Contract Employee Onboarding
- Security is almost always brought in too late in the development process, here are a few ways to fix that in Shifting Left: How Operations can Bring Security into a Process Earlier
- Learn how Microsoft safeguards its data centers in Azure’s layered approach to physical security
Tips and Tricks
- From Alpin, defining ITAM and SAM and what’s next in SaaS Management in What’s the difference between ITAM, SAM, SM and CAM?
- Block robocalls with these free and paid apps in How to stop annoying robocalls on your iPhone or Android phone
- There’s no such thing as free wifi, and “the higher the class of guests, the greater the chance of hackers” in Why you should avoid hotel Wi-Fi like the plague
- The most effective ways to combat the dangers of SaaS Sprawl in 3 Tips for Organizations to Avoid SaaS Sprawl