Why read this with nearly infinite news on the internet? We try to pick good articles you might like, and we think you might chuckle a little at our interpretation of the headlines.
Here’s a little update from Alpin –Managing SaaS Part 6 – Vendor Management
SaaS Product Updates
- Concur discusses AI for business travel planning. Why did I stay at a 5-star resort instead of the Courtyard Marriott? Blame it on the AI
- G Suite update allows administrators to require strong passwords from users. I’ve heard good things about pass phrases though. How about pass paragraphs or pass essays?
- Are you ready for GitHub Desktop 1.5? I think these merge conflict resolution tools will get anyone’s attention. I wonder what coding will be like in 15 years…
Tips and Tricks
- You’re in a hybrid cloud environment or will be soon. Azure has 5 steps to prepare for a secure future. That way, no one gets spooked and causes a stampede away from the cloud.
- Based on a study with finance leaders, Workday says that data science is the MOST important expertise for finance teams. Cue tons of finance teams hiring data scientists who end up running reports 80% of the time
- Slack shares tips for remote and distributed workers. Wow, 70% of the global workforce works remotely once a week? Dang, I wonder if Alpin will loosen my leg shackles soon!
- Maybe “fake it ’til you make it” isn’t the greatest advice, as you may end up as Japan’s cybersecurity chief without ever having used a computer, and get confused by questions about USB sticks.
- Financial Times reports that companies are starting to get proactive about cybersecurity after “sophisticated attacks.” What, were crude attacks that still worked just a fact of life?!
Want to get this post in your email? Subscribe here: